How to update a datalogger's operating system?
For the french version of this article /pour la version française de cet article, suivez ce lien.
- Make sure that the USB drivers are installed (no internet connection required) for the CR1000X.
- Connect the USB port on the datalogger to a USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that the appropriate serial port is selected in the left panel and click the Start button below.
- Select the operating system image to send to the device in the resulting file open dialogue.
- If you are running the device configuration utility from inside LoggerNet, PC200W, PC400, or RTDaq, the program will show an Avoid Conflicts with the Local Server dialogue that will allow you to temporarily disable communications on the specified port while the device configuration utility uses that port. Press OK to perform this operation or Bypass to proceed without adjusting the host application.
- The operating system will now be sent to the datalogger. You should allow this to run to completion. Canceling the operation can leave the datalogger without a valid operating system to run.
- Once the operating system has been sent to the datalogger, its program will be cleared and all of its settings will be reset to their default values. If the datalogger was previously set up, you will need to connect to it and edit its settings to restore the previous set-up.
- Once the OS has been sent to the datalogger, if you desire to remove power from the datalogger, you must wait at least 10 seconds before doing so. This will give the datalogger the time that it needs to update flash memory locations.
PS: To obtain the file to be used in step 4 above, follow the instructions below:
• Log in to our website https://www.campbellsci.ca
• In the search bar, search for your desired logger.
• Under the downloads section of the page, select add to the list, then enter your personal information and click send. You will receive an email with the link to download the file.